Deb Amlen of Wordplay fame has a warning for NYT applet/Across Lite solvers: The Thursday crossword has a chunk of unnumbered squares in the middle, and clicking the Tab button won’t take your cursor to them–you’ll need to use the mouse or trackpad to get the cursor into that zone. Or you can sidestep the issue by printing out the NYT’s PDF file or, you know, writing in the grid printed in the newspaper.
Amy Reynaldo, the author of How to Conquer the New York Times Crossword Puzzle, is a top-10 finisher at the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament. Her first New York Times crossword byline appeared July 5, 2009. She solves at least three crosswords a day and writes about them here.
- Gary R on Monday, August 29, 2016
- AK37 on AV Club Contest – Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- PJ Ward on Monday, August 29, 2016
- DRC on WSJ Contest – Friday, August 26, 2016
- Matthew G. on AV Club Contest – Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Gareth on Monday, August 29, 2016
- dave glasser on AV Club Contest – Wednesday, August 24, 2016