Amy Reynaldo, the author of How to Conquer the New York Times Crossword Puzzle, is a top-10 finisher at the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament. Her first New York Times crossword byline appeared July 5, 2009. She solves at least three crosswords a day and writes about them here.
- Doug P on WSJ Contest – Friday, September 23, 2016
- Shuka on WSJ Contest – Friday, September 23, 2016
- Icdogg on WSJ Contest – Friday, September 23, 2016
- Howard B on Monday, September 26, 2016
- Lois on Sunday, September 25, 2016
- Scott on WSJ Contest – Friday, September 23, 2016
- JohnH on Monday, September 26, 2016
Tag Archives: David Quarfoot
People! You can buy the crosswords from the Crosswords LA tournament for a mere $5. I curated these puzzles myself and was excited to get to work with these constructors. There are tough puzzles by David Quarfoot (themeless) and Byron … Continue reading
Psst: Contest puzzle! Andy Kravis has published his first meta contest crossword at Cruciverbalist at Law. Check it out. I’d say the difficulty level is a MGWCC Week 1 or 2.
There are two upcoming crossword tournaments in the Midwest, both. (Yay, Midwest!) Minnesota Crossword Tournament—Saturday, February 2—James J. Hill Reference Library, St. Paul, MN. Details here. The event’s part of Winter Carnival, yes, but it will take place indoors. (Of … Continue reading