Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am 

This puzzle was a Christmas gift from my husband and daughters, by constructor Billie Truitt (coincidentally the constructor of today's LAT). The high school that my daughters went to has an annual auction, and she donated a custom puzzle. We couldn't go to this year's event, but someone told my husband about the puzzle opportunity, and he arranged to have friends of ours bid on it for him. Then he and the girls went to work coming up with the theme and tweaking the clues, which they told Billie should be hard. I was so surprised on Christmas morning, and they made me solve it right away (13 minutes, so it was challenging).
The theme has to do with my 15 minutes of fame last year. To see why the theme entries go together, more information is here: http://durham.patch.com/articles/millio ... -questions
If you live in an area that gets two back-to-back episodes of Millionaire, my shows should repeat sometime in the next couple of weeks, during the second half-hour.
Spoiler alert: the answers are on page 2 of the pdf, so I'd suggest just opening it and printing out page 1. Also, one of the clues refers to my sibling and another to relevant (to us) college sports teams.
Enjoy!
Jan

Attachments:
AlltheAnswers.pdf [27.04 KiB]
Downloaded 177 times

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles