Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:26 pm 

Here's a dopey little 11x11 for you -- at worst it'll only be like 3 minutes of your life you can't get back.

I was struck by the symmetry of the theme answers, but there's not really enough there for a 15x15 (and it probably wouldn't get published anywhere anyway) so I threw this together for the practice and my own enjoyment. It's kind of alt-weekly-ish in style, but should be pretty solvable for most people, unless there are major errors I'm overlooking.

Apologies for not having a .puz file -- I don't have a computer of my own and it's kind of a mircale I managed to get this pdf!

Attachments:
celmates.pdf [6.93 KiB]
Downloaded 218 times

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:53 pm 

"Cel Mates". Love the theme, Anna. Not dopey at all!

You know, Penny Press and Dell use 11x11 and 13x13 puzzles every month, though usually only in their early "easy" and "medium" pages.

I think that my favorite entry, 23-Down, might keep it from being accepted, though. (And, for all I know, all their easy and medium puzzles are created by computer since they usually don't include a constructor's name like the "hard" and "challenger" puzzles.)

P.S. I added a .puz version, attached below. Feel free to add it to your original post. :D

Attachments:
celmates2.puz [1.25 KiB]
Downloaded 202 times

Last edited by Tuning Spork on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:42 am 

I just checked the .puz file -- the clue for 23 down should be "Kind of joke heard in the dozens" -- the file has "by" instead of "in" ... thanks for making the file though :)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:21 pm 

Oopsie. Corrected it.

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles