Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles

Post subject: Secret Society
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 pm 

I hope this works out all right and there aren't any huge errors in it... I've had the grid and most of the clues done on paper for a while, but I'll just say I've had computer issues and leave it at that. If anything's particularly bad in here, please let me know!

The theme was inspired by a small comment Brendan Emmett Quigley made in his "Ten Bullshit Themes" post. I really doubt it would fly in any major newspaper, since it's very alt-weekly-ish and kinda weird anyway. The difficulty is.... how you say, easium? Though since there're more pop culture references here than in, say, the NYT, depending on your knowledge base it may be harder than normal.

Attachments:
Secret Society.puz [1.99 KiB]
Downloaded 197 times

Post subject: Re: Secret Society
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:22 am 

Stealing BEQ's thunder! Count me as one who appreciates hip-hop-themed puzzles, even if he has no idea who the members of Wu Tang Clan are. Rest of the puzzle, found on the whole pleasingly neat... Loved the fourth wall breaking @ 8D and the clue for 9D too...

Post subject: Re: Secret Society
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:38 pm 

That clue for 9 down took foreeeevver to come up with -- I loved the answer as fill but all I could come up with for the longest time were bland, basic descriptions. I wasn't so sure I was totally happy with what I ended up with but I'm glad you liked it :)

Board index » Island of Lost Puzzles